Updated: 4 days ago
We have sadly taken the decision that we cannot go ahead with the Tour of the Peaks as planned this year. We are still not sure how long government guidelines are going to be in place for the current Covid crisis and with that in mind, we could be pushing into September/October which brings shorter days and potential bad weather.
So, we have taken the decision to postpone the Tour until 2021.
This also gives us the opportunity to make some changes to next year’s Tour based on some of the feedback from 2019.
So our Outline Plan for 2021 is as follows:
We are going to move the date back to the 19th June 2021, to create a ‘Midsummer version’ of the Tour which will provide us with longer daylight hours and (fingers crossed) better weather.
Our start venue will still be at the Carding Shed (subject to confirmation) and we will still be taking lunch at Chatsworth House (which is already confirmed) but we will now be finishing the Tour somewhere within the
Peak District itself (venue to be announced). By doing this we can utilise more roads within the Peak District and provide a social event in the evening after the Tour. We would then hope that entrants will stop over in the beautiful Peak District and make a weekend of it especially as it is the Solstice weekend.
We will be updating our website and social media with further information in the coming weeks. Throughout the year we will be posting updates and when we will be opening for new entries.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and please spread the word.
We do hope you will enter in 2021 and if you do, we will be delighted to see you on the 19th June 2021.